Scariest Bugs in Maryland
Around Halloween you have the chance to see some of the scariest costumes ever created. Living in Maryland gives you the bonus of seeing some of the scariest bugs ever created. If you have any creepy crawlies living around your yard or inside of you home, call Green Pest Services. We eliminate the crawlies, so you don’t have to worry about being creeped out. Here are some of the scariest bugs you can find in Maryland.
- Black Widow: With its long spindly legs, inky black body and distinctive red warning label, there are so many things that make the black widow sinister. Any spider that gets its name from eating its mate has to be frightening. When you add in a potent neurotoxin, that is more powerful than the venom of a rattlesnake, the black widow is definitely scary. Besides, arachnophobia is the most common fear reported in people.
- Bed Bugs: Unless you are allergic, their bites are harmless. However, knowing that hundreds of little insects will be coming out of their hiding places to drink your blood while you sleep is definitely nightmarish. People with bed bug infestations have suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder. Bed bugs are a growing problem in Maryland. Since you can find them in office buildings, schools, restaurants, movie theaters, and hospitals, the chance of you bringing home an infestation is high.
- Cockroaches: If you have ever seen a cockroach up close, they look like they could be from another planet. Add in their eating habits to their odd appearance and you get a nasty insect. Cockroaches spend their time eating garbage, sewage, and things in various states of decay. Once they have eaten these bacteria laden morsels, they then share your pizza. Guess what, all of those terrifying diseases are now going into your body. Cockroaches are vectors for fear and food poisoning.
- House Centipede: With around thirty legs and a flattened body, the house centipede definitely looks frightening. It scurries around your house looking for other insects to eat. They dine on cockroaches, bed bugs, carpet beetles, and silverfish. Every once in a while you will find a house centipede trapped in your tub. If threatened, a house centipede can deliver a painful bite, but it is not poisonous.
- Yellow Jackets: You may have seen wasps, hornets and honey bees, but yellow jackets are in their own category. Yellow jackets are always angry. They will sting you for no reason. If you give them a reason, like accidentally wandering too close to their nest, the entire colony will attack you in a whirlwind of stringers. Yellow jackets have a rapid repeat stinger and will try to use it on your skin as many times as they can. If that wasn’t enough, they also have sharp mandibles which they will use to bite you as well.
Green Pest Services
When you want to eliminate frightening bugs, you need to call in the trusted professionals in Rockville, MD with Green Pest Services. We use the most updated pest eradication strategies. Our technicians are certified, that means they have the necessary training to eliminate pests while keeping you and your family safe. When you want a real solution to pest problems, give us a call.