Page Header Image

Am I allergic to Wasp Stings?

wasp-550631_960_720

There is always a worry when you get stung that it might cause an allergic reaction. You have seen plenty of television programs that detail anaphylaxis. You might even have a friend who carries an Epi-Pen. If you have never been stung, you need to know the warning signs of an allergic reaction. If you have been stung multiple times, there is always a risk that your body could develop and allergic reaction to the next sting. Green Pest Services what to help you be safe, here are the differences between a normal reaction to a sting and a dangerous one.

A Normal Reaction

If you get stung by a wasp, you do not have to worry about removing a stinger, like you would with a bee. Unfortunately, wasps have rapid repeat stingers and they will sting you as many times as they can. If you develop pain, redness and even swelling at the site, or sites, of the sting everything is normal. Treatment can be self-administered; you can take ibuprofen for the pain and an antihistamine for the swelling. If you are pregnant, you should talk with a doctor before talking any medications, and the same can be said for a child under the age of two.

An Allergic Reaction

With an allergic reaction, your immune system overreacts to the venom and can cause real problems. You need to seek immediate medical attention if after a sting you notice that your face, tongue or throat is swelling. You will also notice that it is difficult to breathe. Other signs you might experience include; nausea, dizziness, diarrhea, stomach cramps, itchiness and hives across the majority of your body. If you experience any of these symptoms, do not waste time, go straight to the hospital. The doctors will treat you with epinephrine and might need to put on oxygen or intravenous fluids. They might want to keep you overnight to monitor your recovery and ensure that the treatment is working.

Reduce the Risk

Whether you are allergic or not, you can reduce the risk of being stung around your home. When you go outside avoid wearing brightly colored clothing and perfume since these attract wasps. Always wear shoes when you are outside to avoid accidentally stepping on a wasp. Yellow jackets and certain wasps can build their nest underground. If you see a nest, back away slowly, do not panic, and call Green Pest Services. We eliminate wasp nests around your home and in your yard so you do not have to worry about getting stung. Our technicians are efficient and professional. We know where to find wasp nests and we know how to get rid of them. When you call Green Pest Services you are taking a proactive step at protecting yourself. When you want Chantilly Pest Control, make Green Pest Services your first call. When it comes to wasp infestations, we mean business.