5 Signs of a Mouse Infestation
Deer mice and house mice are the most common types of rodents you’ll find in Alexandria. Measuring up to 8 inches, these critters can do serious damage to furniture, electrical lines, and building materials – not to mention causing serious health risks with their droppings. Here are 5 signs that you’re unwillingly playing host to these small furry guests:
1. Droppings – Mice always leave unpleasant evidence of their nighttime wanderings in the form of tiny droppings, often found in cupboards, pantries, or anywhere else food might be found. Mouse droppings are usually the first sign of an infestation.
2. Unexplained holes or tears – Mice tend to build their nests out of whatever soft materials they can find – such as furniture stuffing, clothing, quilt batting, or insulation. If you can’t explain rips, holes, or tears you’re finding around the house, it’s probably the mice.
3. Strange odors – When your home is being infested, the smell of mouse urine and droppings combines with the animals’ distinctive musky odor – a sure sign it’s time to call a professional.
4. Nighttime sounds – Mice are nocturnal, so when you’re going to bed, they’re getting up to move around. You may hear scratching, squeaking, or rustling in the walls or in your kitchen at night.
5. Excited pets – If you have cats or dogs, pay attention to any specific areas of your home that get them unusually excited. Chances are they’ve tracked down a nesting or hiding area.
If ignored, your mouse problem could grow exponentially in a matter of weeks. Call Green Pest Services to safely and effectively take care of your deer and house mice problem. If the problem persists, we will return free of charge as many times as it takes until the problem has been solved.