Pest-proof your home this winter with these inside and outside tips
Temperatures in Arlington are swiftly dropping, and before winter comes in full force, you’ll want to take some measures to ensure that outside pests don’t seek warmer shelter in your home.
Focus on the outside of your home first with these exterior measures:
- Clean out your gutters and spouts, and make sure all water that runs through them is directed away from your home.
- Make sure that any firewood is stored away from your home’s exterior.
- Make sure outside trash bins are sealed tightly and kept away from your home.
- Check all screens and replace any that have tears or openings.
- Seal cracks and crevices around your foundation.
Your work isn’t done yet! Go inside and take these interior measures:
- Install a door sweep. As an added bonus, this measure will also save you energy this winter.
- Fix leaky faucets, which provide an ideal moist climate for a number of insects.
- De-clutter your home to eliminate dark hiding places for insects like roaches and spiders.
- A clean kitchen is key to good prevention – Each day, take time to wipe down countertops, sweep the floor, put food away, and take out the trash.
- Finally, vacuuming regularly can help you catch any invaders that were able to sneak in.
If pests are putting a damper on your holiday warmth, give Green Pest Services a call. We’ll identify your entry points and eliminate problems at their source.